Black Privilege: Opportunity Comes to Those Who Create It

Category: Books,Biographies & Memoirs,Arts & Literature,Actors & Entertainers

Black Privilege: Opportunity Comes to Those Who Create It Details

Charlamagne Tha God - the self-proclaimed "Prince of Pissing People Off", cohost of Power 105.1's The Breakfast Club, and "hip-hop's Howard Stern" - shares his unlikely success story as well as how embracing one's truths is a fundamental key to success and happiness. In his new book, Charlamagne Tha God presents his comic, often controversial, and always brutally honest insights on how living an authentic life is the quickest path to success. Beginning with his journey from the small town of Moncks Corner, South Carolina, to his headline grabbing interviews with celebrities like Justin Bieber, Jay-Z, Nicki Minaj, Kanye West, and Hillary Clinton, he shares how he turned his troubled early life around by owning his (many) mistakes and refusing to give up on his dreams, even after his controversial opinions got him fired from several on-air jobs. Combining his own story with bold advice and his signature commitment to honesty at all costs, Charlamagne hopes this book will give others the confidence to live their own truths.

Reviews

I recently just finished the Audible version read by Charlamagne Tha God and let me tell you, this is easily going to be one of THE BEST books I have read, and I've read many. Self-help, or otherwise, this book had so much valuable information about getting through life told from a man who at best I knew from seeing him on VH-1 and listening to the Breakfast Club. I never thought much of him to be honest, not in a bad way.Okay, obviously, I am not a Black man. I'm Mexican-American, middle-aged with a herd of children and find myself at a point in life where I feel like everything is falling apart. As I listened to this book, I felt like I was sitting in a room and he was telling me what was wrong with me, how I got there, but most importantly that I had the power to get myself out and into a better situation. I was driving on the highway on my way home from work and his last chapter had me crying. The kind of cry you have when you thought you had run out of tears and where you feel it in the pit of your stomach. He put a new hope where I thought I had none.Was this book funny? HELL yes. I laughed so many times. I learned a great deal about Charlamagne and his life experiences and how he got to where he is today. One of the most important takeaways for me, there were many, but what really stood out to me was when he discussed finding your "However". This was powerful to me. You need to read the book to find out what it is, but I promise you, it is life changing.I'm doing what I've never done before with this book. I not only bought the audible version, I just ordered the hardcover for home and the kindle version so it's on my phone at all times. There are many parts of this book I want to read over to cement into my mind.Charlamagne, if you read your reviews, I hope you know that you have helped me in a very powerful way. I had been praying for guidance and God in his wisdom lead me to purchase your book and it is one that will be prominently on my bookshelf, in my headphones and on my iPhone. Not only that, you have opened up another world of books I need to look up, ones you mentioned in your book.Thank you.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel